Application | Criteria (Printable)
The intent of the Robert F. Houlihan, S.J., Council 10937, Knights of Columbus Youth Service Award (“K of C Stewardship Award”) is to encourage the youth of Pax Christi Catholic Church to find value and live a life of stewardship beyond their high school years. Stewardship as defined by Merriam Webster is the conducting, supervising, or managing of something, especially the careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one's care. Stewardship in the context of this application and award is defined as service performed by you as a catholic student that helped the Pax Christi parish, your school and the larger community that you live in.
The following criteria serve as a guideline in determining the spring 2023 award:
I. Award Description
- The K of C Stewardship Award will be a four-year award. For 2023, there will be one 4 year award to a current high school senior.
- The recipient(s) of the award shall be determined by judging by members of the Knights of Columbus and notified.
- The monetary amount of the award shall be $1000 per year, $4000 over four years.
- Award criteria will be carefully evaluated by the K of C Stewardship Award Committee. The Committee shall be comprised of no less than five Knights with current membership cards. All decisions are final.
- The award shall be paid directly to the school in which the award recipient is enrolled.
- The funding for the K of C Stewardship Award shall be provided by the Rev. Robert F. Houlihan, S.J., Council 10937, Knights of Columbus, which serves Pax Christi Catholic Church and its surrounding community.
- The Rev. Robert F. Houlihan, S.J., Council of Knights of Columbus has approved the award in support of its Community outreach program, emphasizing the value of youth in our community, and recognizing and encouraging youth stewardship.
- The applicant must file a complete application emailed by 6:00 pm on Friday, April 28, 2023. The letters of recommendation should also be received by 6:00 pm on Friday, May 5, 2023. Please email to Alan Brown at AlanB840@gmail.com. Feel free to call or text Alan Brown as well at 720-560-3357.
- The applicant and/or the applicant’s family must be registered as a member of the Pax Christi Catholic Church parish at the time of application.
- The applicant shall be an active member in the church and/or community during the 2022/2023 school year.
- The applicant will provide a minimum of two letters of recommendation.
- The applicant shall be a graduating high school senior from the 2022/2023 school year.
- The applicant must provide proof of acceptance and/or enrollment from an institution of education for the next academic period. The institution of education may be, but is not limited to, an accredited college or university, junior college or accredited trade school.