Sacrament Records

Any member of the Christian faithful has a right to obtain a certificate of a sacrament he/she has received and was recorded in a register. Only that person to which the record pertains, the parents of a minor, or someone with legal guardianship of another have this right. If parents of a child are divorced, both parents are presumed to have this right regardless of legal custody.

The parish of baptism is the official holder of all sacrament records. If you need a certificate for First Communion or Confirmation, first contact your parish of baptism to request a baptismal certificate with notations. If the parish of baptism is missing any sacrament notations, then contact the parish at which the additional sacrament(s) took place.

Requests for certificates must be submitted in writing. Please submit this form and allow 7-10 days to fulfill your request.

Certificates can either be picked up at Pax Christi or mailed directly to your home or another parish, they cannot be emailed.

Sacrament Record Request Form


Questions? Please contact Rachel Daugherty, Director of Evangelization & Community Life at 720-419-0129.