Have an upcoming event or meeting? Contact Megan Nagel by email or by calling 303-799-1036 to make sure the space is available and reserved for your group or ministry. Please submit the Room Request Form below to Megan in order to book your space. The form will help you think through what you'll need, and for how long.
Need the kitchen? Be sure to review the information in the "Kitchen Usage" section beforehand!
Room Request Form
Got your space reserved? Nice job! If not, please head back over to the "Room Reservations" tab.
Once you have your space booked with Megan, Laura Luchini can help you get the word out if you need it. Emailing is the best way to reach her, or even better, set up a one-on-one meeting to make sure we understand your goals and objectives so we can work together to help you reach them. Please note that Laura's schedule is part-time and flexible; it's best to reach out sooner rather than later so that we have time to implement an awesome (and comprehensive) communications plan for you. Please review the documents below--especially the Communications Strategy Document--so that you have a good idea of how we like to communicate, along with what's encouraged and discouraged.
In general, items you would like featured in the printed newsletter need to be received by no later than 9:00 a.m. on the Monday before the weekend it's featured. Please note that these deadlines occasionally change to accommodate seasons, holidays, etc.
Please send items you'd like featured in the weekly email by no later than 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday before the Friday they are scheduled to go out.
- Printed Newsletter submission deadlines for the coming quarter can be found here. Please note the highlighted weeks; these deadlines have been pushed up from the normal Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. due to other extenuating circumstances.
- The Communications Strategy can be found here; please review it just to refresh yourself on our procedures, and Father's preferences for how we communicate.
Please contact Laura Luchini if you would like to design your own ads, etc. If you do, please adhere to our Branding Guidelines. Our Branding Guidelines document contains valuable information including approved fonts, colors, and dimensions for various media.
We are very blessed to have such a nice, well-stocked kitchen here at Pax Christi, for all our ministries to use. To reserve the space, email Megan Nagel and she'll be sure to get you on the calendar. Megan will communicate with you regarding any special circumstances.
While using the kitchen, however, we do have some procedures in place to help keep it well-maintained and ready for the next Ministry or event. Please take the time to read the following, and please pass it along to anyone else in your Ministry who will be using the kitchen with you.
These lists are also posted on the refrigerators in the kitchen for your convenience.
Sinks & Disposals
- Our kitchen is not set up with commercial plumbing; with our narrow pipes and residential disposals it's important to scrape all food particles from dishes into the trash can before washing them in the sink.
- Please do not pour oils/fats/grease down the sink.
- The only time you should use the garbage disposal is when the remaining food scraps you couldn't wipe off create slow drainage--at which point you should run the disposal to get the water to drain properly.
- Do not store any flammable substances in the kitchen (Sterno, charcoal, lighters, matches, etc.).
- The parish provides all paper products including plates, plasticware, cups and napkins for your convenience. Feel free to make a donation if you'd like to help replenish along the way.
- The parish also provides all coffee, tea, sweeteners, creamers, Tang, lemonade, and iced tea mix.
- If you notice any of these supplies are running low, please email Jan Morgan ASAP so we can be sure to replenish in time for the next ministry. You can also stop by the office on your way out and leave a note if that's more convenient.
Cleanup & Closing
- Please leave the kitchen in the same or better shape than you found it when you arrived.
- Wash and put away all items used during your event. Cupboards are labeled to help you.
- Run dishwashers if you've placed dirty dishes in them. Leave NOTHING in the sinks. Please email Jan Morgan or stop by the office to let us know that the dishwasher will need emptied when the wash cycle is complete, or delegate the emptying to one if your members if appropriate.
- Take home or discard any leftovers. Do not leave food in the refrigerators or on the counters.
- Wipe down counters and any tables used.
- Empty and rinse coffee carafes and dispose of used coffee grounds in the garbage.
- Sweep the kitchen floor and mop up any wet spills. The broom is in the closet with the paper goods; contact a staff member for access to a mop if needed (it's in the closet immediately to the right at the bottom of the stairs).
- Remove trash and place it in the dumpster. Replace the trash bags.
- The dumpster is on the north side of the parking lot in an enclosed area.
- Trash bags are down the stairs on the shelf to the right.
- Take home any used dish towels, rags, or tablecloths; wash them and return them as soon as possible.
- Return tables and chairs to their original position/location.
- Turn off all lights and close the doors.
Feel free to use our Guest Wifi to tap into the internet while you're ministering here at Pax.
Network: Pax Wireless
Need to get in outside of normal business hours? Need to stay late? You'll need a Volunteer Key and a security code. Contact Linda Van Matre to get a key and a code to our security system.
It is very important that all of the doors are secured and the alarm system is set when you leave the building. Our alarm system is very effective; if the alarm is accidentally triggered, the police are notified and will arrive at the building--and if it's a false alarm, the parish is charged a fee.
HOW TO USE OUR SECURITY SYSTEM
- Ensure all doors are locked and secured.
- Open the panel on the front of the box.
- Push the round, gray button to the right of the word "Away" then enter your code, followed by the # key.
- Close the panel, and exit the building. You have 60 seconds before the building is armed.
- Open the panel on the front of the box.
- Push the round, gray button to the right of the word "Disarm" then enter your code followed by the # key.
In case of urgent alarm needs Lisa can help disarm or arm remotely. Her cell number is 303-570-0334.
Our spaces are set to accommodate ongoing programs and ministries. It's the responsibility of the ministry to set up the room according to their needs, as well as return it to its original configuration before leaving.
In addition to returning the tables and chairs to their original positions, we also ask that you empty the trash cans, especially if it's on a weekend where there may be multiple ministry meetings or events taking place. The dumpster is located on the north side of our property inside a wooden gated enclosure. It is not locked. Garbage bags are found on the shelves at the bottom of the stairs to the right.
Please also wipe down the tops of tables and counters if you've had any snacks or meals. No one likes to sit down at a spot and feel crumbs or stickiness!
If moving furniture is too challenging, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us, and we'll be happy to help! You can email Megan Nagel ahead of your meeting or event and we'll get the team on board!
The Diocese has generously offered to pay for our parish to use Flocknote to communicate with our community and ministries. If you need a new group to be created in Flocknote in order to reach your ministers, please contact Megan Nagel to get one set up.
If you would like a one-on-one training session, please contact Megan Nagel via email to set up a time to meet.
If you would like to research your need on your own, visit help.flocknote.com. It's a great resource for troubleshooting, including what to do if someone isn't receiving your messages, etc.
You can view our Quick Start guide here to learn how to set up your Flocknote account, how to send a note, and how to add/edit people to your group.
If you plan to use our projector in the Great Hall, please make time to come in a few days before your meeting to make sure we can connect your computer with the projector. With all of the different computers and plugs, it can sometimes take a bit of trouble-shooting before we get moving. And no one likes to be stressed right before their meeting begins!
Call our office at 303-799-1036 or email Megan Nagel to set up a meeting to get set up.